Wednesday 4 July 2012

Painted Interior Plastic Trims

Previously, I had wrapped my center air-vent in brushed aluminium 3M Di-Noc to match my silver side air-vents (details about this can be found here). However, I now like the gloss black versions that come on the new megane 265, I think it looks much better so decided to gloss black some interior trims myself. I decided to paint the following parts in gloss black:

  • Center and Side dashboard air-vent trims
  • Interior Door Handles (possibly exterior handles too)
  • Centre Console

I had some time last week and weather was good so managed to complete the air-vent trims. The interior door handles and centre console is to follow maybe sometime next week.

I'm also thinking to paint the lower-section of the carbon-style dashboard trim. The lower-section is factory painted in silver. I'm thinking to paint this in yellow and planning to do this end of the month. (***UPDATE*** This has now been painted, pics can be found here)

Below are pics of my DIY painting of the air-vent trims. I was after a deep-gloss finish, which comes from several layers of wet sanded clear-coat.

DIY Guide's Related to this mod






3 comments:

  1. Man, Do you read your mind ?
    I have already planned to do this. It is like the "Bose Edition". But I decided to go with Gloss Vinyl instead of Sanding and Painting.. Good Job with the painting :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) still got few more interior bits to paint. I was initially considering gloss black vinyl wrapping but when i received the sample vinyl, I was not happy with the shine on it. Specially since these pieces of trims are always in your vision. I was after a really nice shiny surface without any texture. So decided to do a paint job on it. You're correct this was first introduced on the bose edition and now also comes on the new megane 265

      Delete
  2. This was lovely thanks for writing this

    ReplyDelete